Discussie forum met vragen over Davis weerstations, specificaties, ervaringen etc..
Door Goes
Ik heb vandaag mijn Vantage Pro2 firmware ge-update.
Ik kon kiezen tussen serial of usb ik heb toen gekozen voor usb, dat had ik beter niet kunnen doen, want nu kan ik namelijk geen verbinding meer maken met mijn VP2 console via een com-poort verbinding, wat ik dus nodig heb voor mijn VWS software, ik kan nu alleen nog maar verbinding maken via usb.
Wat het probleem nu is dat de update de datalogger aangepast heeft, zodat ik nu alleen maar kan communiceren via usb naar usb, en niet meer kan kiezen tussen serial en/of com-poort.
Heeft iemand een idee hoe ik dat kan terug draaien, of kan ik maar beter een nieuwe datalogger gaan bestellen?
Door weerzoetermeer
BIJ NADER INZIEN ZIE IK DAT HET GAAT OVER DE UPDATE VAN DE FIRMWARE, IK DACHT DAT JE VRAAG GING OVER VERSIE 5.8.0. SORRY, IK WEET NIET OF JE WAT AAN ONDERSTAAND BERICHT HEBT.

Hoi Goes....

Op de site van Davis staat een update:

WeatherLink Utility: CP210X USB to Serial Converter, v2.0
This utility ships with WeatherLink 5.8.0, but will not run due to a compile error. This update, version 2.0, works properly.

Note: This download only applies to users of WeatherLink 5.8.0 and a USB WeatherLink datalogger.

Platform: Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP/Vista
File name: CP210X_USB_Serial_Converter_ver2.exe
Released: 25-Jan-08
File size: 112 KB

Hier kan je de update downloaden:

http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather ... r_ver2.exe

Ik heb het zelfde probleem gehad. Eén maal voor USB gekozen en je komt niet meer terug naar serial. Lijkt alsof de logger vast staat. Na de update waren alle problemen voorbij.

Succes!

Gr.
Thierry
Door Goes
Ik heb het geprobeerd op het te instaleren maar dat werkt niet, ik krijg een foutmelding.
Bijlagen
PrtSc.jpg
PrtSc.jpg (34.22 KiB) 2912 keer bekeken
Door weerzoetermeer
Hoi Goes,

Probeer even het volgende....

Zet het gedownloaden bestand in de directory van Weatherlink. Als het goed is staat er al een vergelijkbaar bestand in deze directoy. Verander de naam van het nieuwe bestand naar de naam van het oude bestand MAAR maak EERST een kopie van het oude bestand en plaats dat ergens anders op je schijf. Mocht het dan niet werken kan je eenvoudig het oude bestand terug plaatsen. Daarna gewoon Weatherlink opstarten en kijken of je de logger kan bereiken via een serieele poort. Ik hoop dat het gaat werken voor je!

Succes!

Gr,
Thierry
Door weerzoetermeer
Hoi Goes,

De link je die geplaatst hebt is alleen beschikbaar als je geregistreerd bent bij Ambient. Voor de mensen die daar geen zin in hebben heb ik het stukje (engels) even gekopieerd:

Problem:

When you install Davis WeatherLink (WL) 5.8.0 with the USB data logger on a Vista machine and select the “USB” communication option, the data logger does not appear as a COM port which is required to communicate with Virtual Weather Station (VWS). I do not know if this issue exists on Windows OSs other than Vista, but if the symptom is the same (no COM port) you might give this process a try and report back here.

Overview of process:

Step 0: Remove WL installation (only if already installed and configured for USB communication), reboot.
Step 1: Install WL 5.8.0. Do not run at this point.
Step 2: Install latest Silicon Labs drivers.
Step 3: Install latest WeatherLink Serial converter utility.
Step 4: Reboot.
Step 5: Run WeatherLink 5.8.0 and configure for serial communication.

Detailed steps:

Step 0: Remove WL installation (only if already installed and configured for USB communication), reboot.

If you have already installed WL and specified “USB” as the communication method (Setup->Communications Port… “Communications” box) you must first remove WL using add/remove programs. By specifying “USB”, WL communicates to the VP2 console directly via USB, and therefore no serial port is created that VWS can use.

Restart the system after removal of WL.

Assuming that you’ve removed an existing version of WL 5.8.0 or you haven’t installed it yet, do the following:

Step 1: Install WL 5.8.0. Do not run at this point.

Install WeatherLink for Windows, 5.8.0 Update (http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather ... _sftwr.asp) – I’m going to assume you let the location default to C:\\Program Files\\WeatherLink (this is a different location from previous releases of WL). Note: If you have already installed the USB to UART bridge version 5.1 (next step), a pop-up box during WL installation will inform you that 5.1 is installed and to use add/remove programs to remove it – obviously, don’t remove it but do click “OK” on the box to acknowledge it. THIS BOX POPPED UP BEHIND OTHER WINDOWS DURING MY INSTALLATION – IF THE INSTALLATION OF WL APPEARS TO HANG RIGHT AT THE VERY END (progress bar just a smidge from being finished) GO LOOKING FOR THIS BOX HIDING BEHIND OTHER WINDOWS!

ONCE INSTALLED, DO NOT RUN WL YET!

Step 2: Install latest Silicon Labs drivers.

Install the latest CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers from SLS (currently version 5.1 – Ah, I stand corrected, since this morning they're released a new version – 5.2.1 – so you're on your own! :)). Browse to CP210x USB to UART bridge VCP drivers (http://www.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/public/ ... cu_vcp.htm) and then click on “VCP driver kit”. You can either run it directly, or I like to save it onto my system and run it from there. Whatever you choose, run it.

I don’t know if installing this latest driver is absolutely necessary, but it’s a good idea.

Step 3: Install latest WeatherLink Serial converter utility.

Now double click on the “CP210x USB to Serial Converter V2.0” from the Davis website Software Support: Weather Drivers (http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather ... driver.asp). Select “save” and save CP210X_USB_Serial_Converter_ver2.exe to C:\\Program Files\\WeatherLink.

Note: Do not run CP210X_USB_Serial_Converter_ver2.exe over the web and do not copy it anywhere else other than the WeatherLink directory – it must be executed from within the WeatherLink directory.

Now browse to the WeatherLink directory and double click on CP210X_USB_Serial_Converter_ver2.exe. A DOS window will pop up that’ll you have to “press any key” once or twice to confirm the installation.

Step 4: Reboot.

Restart your machine at this point.

Step 5: Run WeatherLink 5.8.0 and configure for serial communication.

When your machine comes back up, double click on the WeatherLink icon to run it. Go to Setup->Communications Port… In the “Communications” box select “Serial” – DO NOT SELECT USB OR YOU’LL HAVE TO DEINSTALL and REINSTALL WL AGAIN!

Now click on the “Auto Detect” button and WL should find a COM port with the VP2 console attached. Use this COM Port number for VWS’ COM port number.

Thank you Ed from Ambient and especially Edward Abad form Davis who spent probably about an hour on the phone with me to figure out why I wasn’t seeing a serial port. From the sounds of it, this was an “Unintended Consequence” with the new 5.8.0 release of WeatherLink. Edward worked very diligently with me to figure out what was going on and we eventually ended up with the process you see above. Kudos to Davis support!

Doe er uw voordeel mee!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Thierry van Wijland