Discussie forum over weatherlink software. Voor vragen, specificaties, ervaringen etc..

Door Luc
Ik heb vandaag de datalogger van de oude VP1 naar de nieuwe VP2 overgezet.

In weatherlink heb ik een nieuw weerstation aangemaakt. Via de 'walktrough' heb ik alle instellingen gemaakt die nodig zijn voor het weerstation. In weatherlink zie ik nu de actuele gegevens van de VP2. De actuele gegevens upload ik ook al naar het internet. De datalogger lijkt dus te werken.

Ik krijg echter geen historische plaatjes geupload. Na lang zoeken en proberen kwam ik erachter dat er geen historische data aanwezig is in weatherlink. Als ik klik op 'browse data', dan krijg ik een foutmelding: You have no data to browse. Het lijkt erop dat het archiveren op de datalogger niet werkt. Er is namelijk ook steeds geen nieuwe data om te downloaden van de VP2.

Nu ik dit type, bedenk ik me om eens op de foutmelding te googlen. Kom ik bij deze FAQ uit op http://www.weatherstations.co.uk/vp_faqt6.stm. Ik geprobeerd wat hier staat en het werkt zoals beschreven. Omdat ik het probleem toch al had getypt, zet ik de oplossing er maar gelijk bij. Wellicht handig voor wie er ook tegenaan loopt...

It appears my data has been downloaded ok but when I go to browse the data I get a message that says: ‘you have no data to browse’.

This is a problem where the Vantage Pro Display Console is not fully recognizing the datalogger that is plugged into it. We can check this by doing the following: Press the "DONE" button and hold it down at the same time push the "-" button. This brings you into the setup screens. The bottom of the screen should read "Receiving From". Press the "BAR" button and let go. The screen should say "Serial Baud Rate 19200". If you do not see this but see "Rain Season Begins Jul 1", then the Vantage Pro Display Console does not fully recognize there is a datalogger plugged into it. You will need to re-power and reseat the datalogger by doing the following:

Remove the 3 "C" cell batteries if installed and then remove the AC adapter from the Vantage Pro Display Console. The screen should go blank. At this time disconnect the datalogger and wait a few seconds then carefully but firmly reconnect it to the display console. Wait about 30 seconds and then plug the AC power back in. You should hear 3 beeps. Each beep should occur within 1 second of each other. You should see every segment on the LCD Screen light up. The words "Congratulations and Thanks for Choosing Davis Instruments" and then the Rev Number will scroll across the bottom. The screen should then go blank and read Receiving From on the bottom. Press the "BAR" button and let go. The screen should say "Serial Baud Rate 19200". If you see this press and release the "DONE" button four times to go to the "Time and Date Screen". Make sure the time and date are correct. Press the "DONE" button down and hold it until you go back to the "Current Reading Screen". After the archive memory stores up some data (depending on what your archive interval is) you should be able to browse your data after you download.